Friday, February 3, 2012

Daddy Stole my Super Powers

Today we were getting into the car when Noah sadly reported "but I have no super powers, Daddy took them and now I can't fly"
Me: "It's ok, Daddy will give them back"
Noah:  "But now the green goblin can get me"
Me: "He will give them back, Daddy give him back his powers" (Joe still hasn't caught onto what is going on)
Daddy: "Huh?" then "oh ok, here buddy" handing them back
Noah: "but he still has my wings and I can't fly"
Me: "Well daddy can beat the bad guys, it's ok"
Noah: "No! He can't"
Me: "Daddy give him his wings"
Daddy: Already back to the front seat and buckled in "Ok" then he gets out of the car to hand him the 'wings'
Noah: "wanks, daddy" he then proceeds to put them on and hit the switch (button in the center of his chest) and the wings appear (his arms) like magic.
Me: "great! Now you can get the green goblin"

This entire conversation took place with very serious faces and no laughing. Where do kids come up with this stuff- it's so cute! And how do we not just completely lose it?

Next day:
Mady is baking S'mores in her easy bake oven and deciding who gets the first one. Now, if you have an easy bake you know it takes awhile and with this recipe you can only make 1 S'more at a time which takes 10 minutes. This might as well be 4 hours in kid time- point being the first one is the coveted one.
Mady: "I think I'll give the first one to.....thatha"
Noah: "I want the first one, stupid" (I know he's 3, that's a terrible thing to say)
Mady: "fine I'm not giving you any since you called me stupid"
Noah: "I hate you sissy"
Mady: moving on "the 2nd one goes to....me!"
Noah: "mommy, sissy is mean to me, she said no"
Me: "well let me tell you a secret about girls, if you want them to be nice to you you have to be nice to them. Tell Sissy she looks pretty or her hair is beautiful"
10 minutes later the first and coveted S'more comes out of the oven...
Noah: "Sissy, you're so beautiful"
Mady: "Here Noah, you can have the first one"
I of course start laughing and he says "it's not funny mommy". I'm not sure if I'm good for solving the problem or if he's good for being a man already ;)
Kids are so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment