Saturday, March 3, 2012

5 week update

So we've been here 5 weeks. It has gone by fast but so much as happened. Here's a quick breakdown.

Me: I started walking with no crutches, for real since after I posted that I had I actually had to go back to the crutches for a few days- that will teach me to mock crutch walkers :0. I also started driving! That was really exciting since now I can go to the store and the library and even go exploring my new town. Noah and I don't have to be cooped up all day anymore which is so nice because I think he was becoming a shut in. I really enjoyed being taken care of for awhile by others but now I can do the laundry, dishes, cooking and cleaning like before- I'm the luckiest girl around (add sarcastic laugh here). It is nice to be able to shower alone and leave the house but the laundry and cleaning- eh.
Joe: He has been working hard. He likes his new job because he gets to make very high class dishes and take pride in his work instead of just pushing papers around. He's getting used to having us around  again including dates with his wife and elaborate Lego building with Noah. He's also looking forward to finding us our own house, camping in the summer, and the beach.
Madyson: Mady has done so well adjusting to her new school and friends. She still talks about her old school, teachers and mostly her friends from Colorado but she's excited we will get to visit in the summer. She now goes to school all day and gets to have lunch there- she likes it some days and says its too long most other days. Last week we donated a Hermit Crab to her class so that has been very exciting for her and all the kids in the class. She loves all the people around the house and when her 6 year old 'tude kicks in she can go see someone who is not annoying her ;) (that really works out both ways). Today she is having a play date with a new friend that goes to her school and also to Sheila's church. Next weekend she is going to have her very first sleepover with a cousin. She is officially 6 now so she is embarrassed by me and annoyed by almost everyone. Her eye rolling has really been perfected and the other day when I was doing her hair - and singing I might add- she said "You're torturing me!" What a proud mommy moment.
Noah: What can I say about Noah. He loves living here. His imagination is working almost 24 hours a day. He builds very detailed campsites with his animals and forts with the pillows. He loves drawing so we spend a lot of time making pictures of people and places he loves. He also likes being able to spend time with different people but he still loves his Mommy most (thank you very much). He still packs his 'suitcase' (a small spider man backpack) and 'flys' to see his friend Owen in California (although he lives in Colorado) at least 3-4 times a week.

We miss everyone so much and we can't wait to visit in July! Keep in touch!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you in July. It seems forever but I know it'll go by fast. Date night here we come...in 4 months. Better start planning now (and NO horror movies!).

    Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete