Friday, March 9, 2012

Can't Sleep

I haven't written much about me but I'm struggling. It's late here and I can't sleep because I'm sad and missing home. I miss my family, my friends, the weather, the people, the kids school, and even our house that I didn't really like then...so much. I keep trying to convince myself that it's only temporary. I'm sure it is, but it doesn't help right now. It is so different here. I'm not in another country like my friend Charmian, she's braver than me. I still feel like I'm in another world though. The people are different, the weather is different, the school is different and even the grocery stores are different- and so far not in a good way.
I feel like I'm on an island. No one knows what I'm going through. Joe listens but doesn't understand because his family is here and he wasn't connected to the people as much as I was. I want to be brave and tell everyone I'm fine but I cry- alone- at 12:48 am.
I miss all of my friends. I think of you all often and the fun our kids shared as did we. I hope you haven't forgotten about me.
I have to remember there is a reason we came here. If we were back in Colorado we would be saying "Why didn't we move". I also have to remember that this will pass. I wish I could have everything I love and need all in one place. For everyone out there who has all of their family in one place, a great house, a great job and great friends- please be grateful and don't ever take it for granted.
I'm going to attempt to sleep now.....wish me luck

3 comments:

  1. Oh Reagan,

    This is so normal - and although I have gotten more used to life away I still miss home, and friends, and family, and the mountains, and, and, and...

    You will make new friends, you will figure out where to find your essentials (and maybe even your frills) and then you'll be saying - oh, I love it here but boy do I miss...and when you get to that point you'll hardly notice that ache your feeling in your chest right now. My ache hasn't gone away completely and I'm not sure it ever will but it hurts way less now.

    Feel free to email me or skype anytime - oh and get a skype account being able to see your friends and family is so much better than just listening to them. Okay that's enough for now. But know that I'm thinking about you and that it will get better with time.

    Charmian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words don't describe how much I miss having you here. However, I know that we will be better friends to eachoher and others in our lives because of this. Just know that we all think of you and know that you have made the right decision and it will work out. Boston will find out what an amazing wife, mother and friend they have and will forever be grateful.

    You know I'm always here, even at 12:48 am (as it's only 10:48 here) and I'll jump on a plane in heartbeat if necessary....just give me a reason, any one at all.

    You know I love ya and I have all the confidence that you will get thru this!!!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls for the all of the possitve encouragement. I knew it would be hard at times but it nice to know there are people who understand and miss me too! I hope I get to see you all this summer! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete