Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Big News

I haven't blogged in awhile. A lot of times I wonder if anyone is even reading them or if this is just a diary. I have gotten some really nice feedback lately so I am going to try an keep up with it.So onto the big news. We have made the final decision to move back to Colorado in August. For several reasons.
A major deciding factor is that when we decided to move it was all dependant on Joe getting a good job in order to afford living here. He got a great job initially with a small restaurant in Boston that had just expanded to New York. After 60 days working there however, they closed the doors to the Wall Street restaurant and laid off 30 people including Joe. We decided not to get discouraged and he was out on the job hunt immediately. By the first week of January he was offered another great job at a high end retirement community that was expanding. Everything was still on for us to come from Colorado. Unfortunately another 60 days later he was laid off due to over hiring and a stall in construction. Since that time he has been unable to find anything comparable. Obviously we need a (good) income to survive as a family but that was not the final reason for our move.
It's really been no secret that I have been struggling with our move. My sister had me re-read the first entry from the morning after I moved and she said it was sad because it's so far from what I have been feeling in the past couple months. It is.
I made the decision to move here because I thought it would be a good place to raise our children around his big family. It sounds hokey butt I wanted the "Village" feeling. Soon after we got here we realized that his family is not as big as we remember when you are here day to day. When we would visit it would be a big to-do. There would be family in from Ohio and Florida and other people would visit. We have had a piece of that this Summer but it not like that all the time. I guess we were naive. I have really enjoyed seeing the kids with the family here especially my mother in law, Sheila.
Finally, we have just come to the conclusion that we consider Colorado to be home. We miss our friends and family dearly. We loved the school the kids went to and we miss the friends and teachers from Dry Creek Elementary.
The kids have done really well with the move here and we pray they do just as well with the move back. It has taken a toll on Joe and I though and our hope is that we can get back to the life we loved in Colorado. I do not regret the decision to move here. I have learned a lot about what I want and what I can do without. We know that if we didn't move here we would continue to wonder for years "What if...". For now we are back to my parent's basement until we find permanent work and a place of our own. Oh boy!!!

3 comments:

  1. :( I hope that Colorado brings you and your family all the happiness you deserve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting the days until you move back. I have felt your sadness when we talk and can't wait to hear happiness in your voice and see a smile on your face. Everything happens for a reason and Boston was what you needed to experience at that time. Just know your friends and family support you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Reagan, I am so happy for you. The kids will adjust to life back in CO just fine. I can't wait for my next visit when I may get to see you again.

    Hugs to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete